Endometriosis- Areas of tissue in the lining of the womb are found in places outside the womb. This ‘rogue’ tissue is stimulated by the body’s hormones and the immune system responds by producing inflammation & swelling, which can cause severe pain, scarring & adhesions.
HAND REFLEXOLOGY FOR ENDOMETRIOSIS
Client has had problems since starting periods but nothing was ever picked up until last year when pain was so severe it meddled with work and life. Client is now 31 years old and has 2 children.
SESSION 1- felt good afterwards. Felt a little fuzzy in stomach, fell into a state of sleepiness but not deep- (sleeping has been erratic for months). Twinges felt in body most of the time. Felt no soreness in the left ovary area (a common sore place) while I was working on her. Came in Beauty Cabin with soreness, left with very little soreness.
SESSION 2- Not had any pain relief for 3 weeks now since a reiki session before the case study of hand reflexology. Very calm and sleepy. Saw a few colours (yellow/green & rich purple) while I was working on her hands. Stomach feeling fuzzy and making noises. No twinges in the body this time.
SESSION 3 – Felt discomfort in her ovaries again. Same colours seen as last time. Stays relaxed, calm and mellow for a few days after treatment. Has been able to walk more in past few days. Feeling a little sore in the stomach but discomfort she can now handle. Still no pain killers needed.
SESSION 4- On the pill by Doctors request for the Endometriosis, so periods stopped. Cramp last week sore but managed through it still without pain killers. Not sleeping very well -needs a nap through the day. Bed 10pm but lies awake with discomfort till 2am then up at 6am. Still managing with pain. This was a 2 week gap previously it was a treatment every week. Right side (the uncomfortable side) ovary pulsating when I worked lymph nodes and ovaries. Hands felt as though they were stiffening up.
Client came in for another hand reflexology a week later as was having a flare up. Very aware of discomfort when I was around the Thyroid and Parathyroid areas. Left side cysts larger and more painful than right. Client felt pain low in abdomen when I worked on Fallopian tube, Ovaries and Lymph nodes of the groin. She felt pulsating in her head when I worked on Head/Brain area but has had a headache for 2 weeks now (another common affect of Endometriosis). June the 3-7th was the last time a flare up occurred making that 6 weeks – a reasonable gap for pain and discomfort being minimal. Good results with Hand Reflexology and with the Reiki that it is a good treatment to help cope with this awful condition.
CLIENTS RESPONSE- When I first went to SB Therapy for Reflexology for my newly diagnosed endometriosis I went with an open mind. I had never had reflexology before, but after reading about benefits that 1 of Sb Therapy’s clients had from reiki, I thought it was worth a go. In the past 8 weeks i have had 5 sessions and only 2 ‘flare up’s’ in my pain (both times Sam was able to see me at the time and the reflexology really did help with the pain management. I went from using painkillers (naproxen and co-codamel) to only having to use them on my very worst days (2x in the past 8 weeks). These sessions helped me to focus on my own pain management and i feel so much better not being reliant on painkillers every day. During the sessions i was able to locate the source of discomfort and sam was able to work in this area to help relieve the pain.
Case Study with REIKI – Endometriosis 25/05/2019
Physical issues in the Sacral Chakra include fertility and other reproductive organ problems, menstruation difficulties, kidney & bladder problems as well as auto-immune disorders. Mental issues related to a blocked Sacral Chakra include anxiety, stress, depression, self punishing thoughts, over eating, addiction…..
Session 1 Client has had Endometriosis for years since she was 20 years although at the age of 12/13 experienced problems with menstruation but nothing was picked up by doctors after years of misdiagnosing. Years of severe pain, nausea, sickness, fatigue and days in bed or in hospital medicated until the next injection starts to work in a months time ( these were 3 monthly injections to induce a temporary menopause and allow body to repair itself along side a daily hormone replacing therapy tablet to counteract menopausal symptoms).
- Relaxed early on into session,
- Lots of sensations at beginning of treatment mainly the power of heat throughout body
- Spasms in the body at end of treatment
- I felt lots of tingling in my arms and heat throughout treatment
- Carnelian, amber, citrine, moonstone crystals used
- Client having an ok day but previously has been bed ridden
- Body was relaxed but mind overturning too much
- Initially felt breathing slowing down
- Not as much heat throughout body as last treatment
- Treatment shortened as blood sugars were a little on high side but controlled with her tablet. Client felt ok
- No crystals used
Had a gap of 2 weeks inbetween session 2 & 3, instead of weekly. Due to client in excruciating pain. Needs to be weekly between sessions. Client unable to get out of bed as in too much pain, painkillers taken, but just easing it off and not taking away pain. Not eating much either. Client feels very down.
- Mind thinking a lot and wouldn’t switch off. Feels very exhausted
- When I was at Sacral chakra intense heat all over body
- For a very short time 30-90 seconds no pain felt- on arrival this was 8-9 (10 being horrendous) subsided throughout treatment, was able to get off plinth ok
- Intense heat again in chest
- Yawning a lot, felt she was in and out of sleepiness
- Crystals used as in session 1
- Slept on & off all day and that evening she felt pretty good
- “ I seem to have a bounce back in my step” clients exact words
- Feeling more positive in life
- Definitely relaxed quickly, mind eventually switched off
- No intense heat felt this time
- Yawning a lot
- Not in as much pain
- Same crystals used as before
- Little heat over Sacral Chakra
- I felt tingling in my hands most of the time
SUMMARY RESULT – Reiki has helped this client with physical and mental issues within a short period of time. She is feeling more positive and realises how much Reiki has helped her. Now a regular client. Reiki is performed to help support the body to facilitate an environment for healing on all levels of the body- physical, mental and emotional. The spiritual healing art of Reiki works by channelling a powerful flow of positive energy into your body replacing the negative energy, lessening the impact of stress and releasing tension.