Why Chose My Beauty School?
The fact that I offer bespoke training gives you the thorough individual attention within a small class, therefore benefiting immensely by maintaining more information within a smaller time frame and more practical skills being established. I focus on posture & pressure which a lot of schools/colleges don’t. This is a very important factor for Therapists with keeping our joints supple.
Balmullo is a lovely rural location being more in par with Beauty for the peaceful surroundings. With FREE ONSITE parking it is more practical and with the Home of Golf- St.Andrews just 12 minutes away, great for a day trip. Frequent bus and train services are nearby.
As well as Therapists being welcome, SB THERAPY has no other competitor in the field of massage courses being offered to non- therapists. These courses are effectively showing you how to keep yourself and/or a partner/friend, in better mental and physical condition with more flexibility and encourage muscle tone on a daily basis Without the continuing Cost, just think of the SAVINGS you will acquire and the varied health benefits massage brings, so sign up for a massage course today.
£65 for 2 hours per couple for beginners
£85 per couple for intermediate session
Accredited by Balens and Thinktree Do you know somebody that would benefit from a massage knowing the correct way to do it and the effects of massage and helping them with pain relief ? Muscles stimulated in the correct way respond more and therefore function better so massage is best done knowing the muscles, the different techniques and pressure.
A sports person, gymnast or a dancer will greatly benefit from having massages to strengthen and tone muscles and prevent injury. Perhaps you are a parent with a child that could benefit from the course, think how much more effective your child could be if you could regularly massage those muscles to ease tension and any aches and pains, helping them to perform better. Maybe your a carer wanting to help a person with poor muscles tone, also massage brings psychological affects.
For Therapists wanting to learn more Beauty courses OR add to their existing qualifications. Therapists must be aged 17 and over. A Certificate accredited by myself with Thinktree and Balens Insurance will be issued on passing.
Swedish Body Massage £360 for 2.5 days
This course will provide you with an overview of different massage techniques that you can use to relieve pain as it is, one of the best ways to treat many of our commonest modern-day ailments of stress or to be able to give a relaxing massage to ease away tension and stress. I teach massage from the ground up, starting from how to stand & use your body correctly, therefore avoiding putting unnecessary stress on your body while giving a massage. This will smooth your massage strokes and improve quality. This is a mixture of theory and practical work, with demonstrations.
Facial £340 and 2 days
The ‘Facial course’ will teach you about the skin and how to recognise different skin types and conditions, and how facials can benefit in improving a client’s skin condition.
This Facial course is taught over 2 days, in which I will provide you with all the theory, knowledge and techniques to perform a comprehensive treatment. You will learn how to deep cleanse the skin, the importance of the skin and how to tone the skin, skin analysis, so you can use the appropriate product types for your client to get the full benefit, exfoliation methods, warming of the skin, facial massage, mask application and removal and finishing the treatment. Learn how to use the products followed by a practical demonstration. Students will then work on each other and clients to practice the techniques.
Indian Head Massage £185 and 1 day
The course is filled with information that will help you learn how to expand upon techniques to focus on helping people with sinus problems, headaches and much more. It will also help teach you how to work with individuals who are in discomfort and seeking treatment. This course is ideal for beginners with no massage experience, massage therapists who want to expand upon their practice or the general public who suffer headaches and stress or knows someone who does.
Indian head massage for non-experienced Therapists (slower pace) £215 and 1.5 days
Thai Hand & Foot Massage 2days and £295
In this course you will learn origins of oriental medical treatment – a traditional Thai Foot and Hand treatment. This will be a theory and practical course.
- How to work safely and hygienically with good posture. Health & Safety law.
- The History & Benefits of learning this massage which is good for beginners or wonderful for practitioners looking to add to their existing therapies.
- Consultation questionnaire forms.
- Anatomy of the muscles of the hand/arm and foot/leg.
- Benefits & Contra-indications , Routine and aftercare.
- It teaches you passive techniques for the hips/knee and massage techniques for the feet and hands.
- You will be supplied with this manual prior to the practice to enable you to understand better the theory and must be read before attending.
- Case Studies (to be completed within 4 months of course date) and Exam
Threading £165 for 1 day
On this course, you will learn the techniques of threading using the mouth method of threading. This technique is the most commonly used and originates from the Far East and also is known as the Chinese or single looped method.
This course covers all facial areas with full demonstrations and then allowing you practical time to complete all areas on one another or a model.
- Client consultation and record keeping.
- Hygiene and safety precautions.
- Benefits of threading.
- Product knowledge, equipment and use of tools.
- Step by step practical threading techniques on the eyebrows and face.
- Creating the perfectly shaped and well defined brows for men and women.
- Helpful tips.
- Treatment planning.
- After care and maintenance.
Manicures or Pedicures £180 for 1 course 1 day OR £310 for the 2
This course covers;
- consulting with the client,
- health & safety,
- recognising any contra-indications,
- disorders of the nails and skin,
- preparing for the service and producing a plan,
- shaping and buffing of the nails,
- using skin and cuticle treatments, nail care,
- a specifically designed massage treatment to provide significant relief for fatigued muscles in both the hands and lower arm and feet and legs and provide a suitable nail finish.
SB Spa ( a specialized treatment incorporating aromatherapy, shiatsu & lymphatic drainage £330 – 2.5 days A&P anatomy qualification is needed to attend this course.
This treatment incorporates lymphatic drainage to detoxify, Shiatsu to release tension and Aromatherapy to soothe and rebalance the body and mind. In this course you will learn how to complete an overall body treatment with aromatherapy oils to help the client drift away and relax, recap on the lymphatic & muscular system, a facial and a body massage using different techniques in a safe and harmonious environment. When and when not to perform the treatment.
Eye Tinting and Tweezing £190 for 1 day
Salon Health, Safety & Hygiene
Be able to consult, plan and prepare for eye treatments with clients
Be able to carry out eyelash/brow tinting, shape eyebrows
Relevant Anatomy & Physiology
Understand contra-indications that prevent or restrict eye treatments
Understand equipment, materials, products, techniques and treatment planning for eyes
Be able to provide aftercare advice for clients
Practical Application: Eyelash Tinting, Eyebrow Tinting, Eyebrow Shaping
Ashiatsu Fusion Massage £410 and 2.5 days
- Salon health, safety & hygiene
- Be able to consult, plan and prepare for treatments with clients
- Practice Ashiatsu Baresole Fusion Massage
- Anatomy & Physiology – recap
- Be able to provide aftercare advice for clients
- Evidence requirements- portfolio
- You must be able to demonstrate a client consultation
For more information on these courses and to book a place, please contact Ms Sam. Foulkes on 07828394716
PLEASE NOTE: Once booked, you will need to give 48 hours notice to cancel your place on the course. If you fail to attend a booked course or cancel outwith the 48 hours you WILL NOT BE entitled to a refund or offered an alternative course.